Because when our neighborhoods thrive, so does our greater community.
Not an island unto itself, District 5 makes Atlanta a great international city with its rich history of diversity. It is truly a special place. I am running for City Council to ensure we maximize the power of our resources so all residents of District 5 thrive, which will in turn help our greater community and City continue to thrive.
With my experience in organizational leadership as former Chairman/CEO of the Fulton Atlanta Land Bank Authority, former Chairman of Project Community Connections, Inc. and currently Chairman of the Atlanta Association for Convalescent Aged Persons, Inc. and Chief Administrative Officer of the Grand Boulé of Sigma Pi Phi Fraternity, Inc., we will work together to help all the great places of our neighborhoods thrive! With your help we can promote a culture of quality living that is essential for a safe, appealing, and welcoming lifestyle.
- Nurture and encourage leadership on every level from our city council, neighborhood planning units, and neighborhood organizations
- Build great community plans together that include goals and metrics for “quality of life” initiatives that reflect our collective priorities
- Promote effective decision making based on accurate and appropriate information, research, and best practices
- Champion high expectations and systems of accountability for all levels of government services for our neighborhoods
- Ensure fiscal responsibility in all that we do
- Ensure transparency
- Conduct regular listening sessions to understand our collective concerns and their priorities
- Establish collaborative relationships with our neighborhood organizations
- Strengthen partnerships within and across our communities
- Identify new platforms to support innovation at City Hall
- Encourage innovation from the bottom up, not just top down
- Implement new ideas and technology to better meet growing need for public services
- Reimagine policing to respond to community needs in constructive and humane ways